MakersLAB.TV S2E20 - Screen Printing Tutorial for Beginners Demo on ScreenMaster Carousel Printer
In today’s episode Riley gives a step-by-step guide to screen printing for beginners.
Step-by-Step tutorial for beginners who want to do multi-coloured screen printing on a black t-shirt and a white t-shirt.
• Start off by cutting out the design on vinyl paper with AM’s V-Auto SuperFast Vinyl Cutter.
• When you’re done with that, weed the vinyl- remove all the unwanted vinyl with your weeding tool.
• Place your vinyl on the screen/panel.
• Cut some backing paper and stick it onto your vinyl.
• Squeegee the vinyl to ensure that it is even and flat while putting more emphasis on the middle section.
• Now remove the backing tape.
• And then add the blocking tape to the screen to prevent ink from going through to the t-shirt.
• Set up the station that will be used to print your t-shirt.
• Apply adhesive to the screen to ensure that the T-shirt sticks so that it doesn’t move around during the silk-screening process.
• Put your shirt over the station/panel.
• Set your dryer in the meanwhile.
• Add ink onto the screen (4 ink colours in this instance)
• Ensure that the screen is raised slightly above the t-shirt.
• Spread the ink on both ends of the screen with a squeegee, by only applying medium pressure.
• As soon as you are done place your flash dryer over your t-shirt and allow it to dry for 10 seconds.
• Then you are done!
• Do the same for the black t-shirt.
• The quality of the end product is exceptional and durable.
To purchase Advanced Machinery’s Screen Printing machine and consumables simply dial 072 222 2211 / 060 600 6000 for sales or you can always buy the products from our online shop called buythis.co.za. For the multiple 6 colour ScreenMaster check out buythis.co.za/screen-printing-stations and for the V-Auto SuperFast Vinyl Cutter check out buythis.co.za/vinyl-cutters .For more product information log onto our website am.co.za/.