MakersLAB.TV S2E14 - Wooden Box with Improved Enclosed Lid Design, Engrave and Cut on Laser Machine
The new TruCUT LITE 400X300mm desktop 40W CO2 laser cutting and engraving machine is a vertical laser machine particularly designed for miniature laser projects.
It comes along with a water pump, extraction hose and a horizontal laser tube.
It is ideal for engraving and cutting on perspex, wood, rubber, leather etc.
The machine now comes in 600x400mm, 80W.
For an experiment on the machine, Riley created a memory box from supawood to store his memory sticks.
The three elements of the laser and engraving machine?
A laser engraving machine consists of three (3) main parts: a laser, a controller, and a surface. The laser serves as a drawing tool: the beam released from it enables the controller to trace patterns right onto the surface. The controller decides on the direction, intensity, speed of movement, and spread of the laser beam aimed at the surface. The surface is selected to match the type of material the laser can act on.
The difference between the Laser Cutting and Laser Engraving procedure
Laser Cutting is a high accuracy procedure in which a laser beam hits the surface of a material and heats it up until it melts or vaporizes completely to leave a clean cut.
Laser Engraving is almost identical to laser cutting, but the laser beam’s intensity is lessened in order to leave only a mark on the surface of the material rather than cut it all the way through.
Laser Cutting Advantages and Disadvantages
Advantages of laser cutting over other techniques:
• The high precision it offers allows for engraving more detailed images and having cleaner cuts. Great for Intricate engravement.
• The production speed is greater.
• An extensive range of materials can be cut without getting disfigured.
• It is extremely budget friendly in comparison to CNC machines.
• It goes well with any vector software like Adobe Illustrator (AI).
• It does not give rise to waste like sawdust.
• It is secure to use together with the right equipment.
Moving right along…
Disadvantages laser cutting over other techniques:
• Unable to cut higher density materials like glass.
• It burns the edges of any material that you would cut.
• Materials like plastic can produce toxic emissions.
• The Production speed stays changing.
• Some laser cutters absorb too much energy.
For more information and better demonstration of how AM’s TruCUT laser and engraving machine works, watch the videos below:
To purchase Advanced Machinery’s TruCUT CO2 laser cutting and engraving machine, Software, Laser Tubes and Lens, simply dial 072 222 2211 / 060 600 6000 for Sales or you can always buy the products from our online shop called BuyThis. For more product information log onto our website am.co.za/.