Maker Video: Transparent Picture Holder for Photos and Menus Made by Perspex Cut on TruCUT Laser Cutting Machine
In today’s video Riley illustrates to the viewers at home how he produced transparent photo or menu holders from Perspex using Advanced Machinery’s TruCUT laser cutting and engraving machine and FastCOLOUR large format printer.
Products used in the video:
1) TruCUT laser cutting and engraving machine
2) Perspex (Acrylic)
3) FastCOLOUR large format printer
The benefits of using Perspex (Acrylic)
Acrylic is Easy to Fabricate and Shape
When acrylic plastic is heated it becomes malleable and can be moulded into many shapes. As it cools down, it holds its formed shape, allowing it to be machined (engraved), drilled, or sawed.
Acrylic is 50% Lighter than Glass, but More Robust
One of the greatest advantages of using acrylic plastic in place of glass is that while it’s more durable, it also weighs 50% less than glass. Acrylic is less expensive while remaining 10 times more impact-resistant than glass. Due to its incredible durability, acrylic can be used over a broad temperature range and has superior weather resistance compared to glass and other forms of plastic. Under high impact, it will not shatter and if it does break, it fractures into large, dull-edged pieces.
Acrylic is Highly Transluscent
Acrylic plastic remains transparent as it gets older without excessive yellow tinting. It is great for picture or menu holders since you can see right through it with so much ease.
Acrylic is Easy to Preserve
While there are some rules surrounding acrylic care and cleaning, it’s an easy material to maintain. When cleaning acrylic simply use a wet microfiber cloth and blot the material. Soapy water is all you need.
AM’s TruCUT CO2 Laser Engraving and Cutting Machine
This machine cuts and engraves on material such as perspex, supawood, chipboard, and so much more on 0.01mm precision.
This laser cutter is suitable for:
- Signage Business
- Souvenir Making
- Displays & Shopfitting
- Craft Makers
Why our laser cutter is the best choice:
- It gives better accuracy
- The software can be used with so much ease
- It functions in high speed and cuts very thick material
- It has prolonged warranty: 1y Electronic, 2y Mechanical, 5y Structural
- The service plan includes a 3-month service interval.
AM.CO.ZA® FastCOLOUR™ Lite Structure 1600mm Printing Area Wide-Format Printer Barebone Unit
This large format printer has bi-directional printing capabilities
-It can print a line from left-to-right, and then from right-to-left instead of returning to the left to start the next line. Printing Speed on 4 Pass Draft Mode is 15 m2/h,
- Printing Speed on 6 Pass Production Mode is 10 m2/h,
- Printing Speed on 8 Pass Quality Mode is 8 m2/h.
- It comes with free 100ml EPSON factory use liquid for printhead daily maintenance.
- Has four colour C.M.Y.K. eco-solvent Ink feeding tank, All Solvent/ECO-Solvent/Water/Sublimation Ink types are all suitable for this tank.
- It boasts a maximum printing width of 1600mm with a 20kg capacity rolled media feeding system.
- This printer is best suited to print indoor media.
- It has a negative pressure continuous Ink Supply System (CISS) well known as Bulk Ink System.
- Has an Automatic Lifting Printhead Ink Capping System, Easy Alignment and Better Printhead Seal Protection.
To purchase AM’s large format printer and laser engraving and cutting machine, simply dial 072 222 2211 / 060 600 6000 or you can simply log onto our site am.co.za for more product information.