Maker Video: CO2 Laser Engrave Logo on Anodizing Aluminum of a Flash Drive for Personalised Gift Pack
The video below depicts to us the step by step process of how a logo can be engraved onto an Anodizing Aluminium using a CO2 laser machine.
Advantages of Anodizing Aluminium
• Anodized aluminium has quite a few advantages that regular aluminium does not possess.
• Anodized aluminium has a surface that is extremely porous and allows adhesives, lubricants, and dyes to be absorbed into the alloy.
• Anodized aluminium possesses a better natural protection against corrosion and wear, due to its rougher surface and the thick oxide layer that surrounds it.
• Anodizing prevents aluminium from cracking or peeling from regular use.
• In closing anodizing aluminium is a very clean process and most of its by-products can be recycled and used to produce other goods.
To get your hands on AM’s CO2 Laser Machine and so much more, simply dial 072 222 2211 / 060 600 6000 or you can log onto our site am.co.za for more product information.